Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Amazon Shipment Notices Get Me All Tingly

It should come as no surprise that I love getting mail. When I was a kid I used to fill out those giant ads on the back of the Sunday comics for travel brochures and then wait p-a-t-i-e-n-t-l-y as the envelopes for such exotic locales as Williamsburg, VA and Luray Caverns arrived in our mailbox.

Years later I would start zines like Exploitation Retrospect and The Hungover Gourmet partially as an excuse to have something to send like-minded folks in exchange for more mail.

Unfortunately, e-mail doesn't give me quite the same thrill and even going to my PO Box once a week has become a ritual based upon sadness more that anticipation.

But e-mail has taken on a more tingly feel the last couple days. Not only did Amazon inform me that my copies of the new, bonus-packed Replacements reissues are on their way, but I also just received notice that my copy of Johnny Legend's TORTURE CHAMBER OF DR. SADISM / DEATH SMILES ON MURDER Eurosleaze double-feature is also on its way.

No comments: