Wednesday, April 23, 2008

IRON MAN Tracking Big, Questions for SPEED RACER

With each TV spot my anticipation for IRON MAN grows. Have you seen the one shot like test footage on a camcorder? The rockets shoot Stark up, flip him over and SLAM him into a wall.

The onslaught of ads has certainly increased the film's visibility and SlashFilm reports it's tracking big, with an anticipated $60 million+ opening weekend. BTW, the flick will open in some cities at 8 PM on Thursday, May 1.

Not the same excitement for the ghastly looking SPEED RACER. Tracking firms are reporting that definite interest in the flick is only around 30% compared to 50% for IRON MAN.

2 comments:

Synd-e said...

I've already got tickets for a DLP screening for early afternoon on 5/2. I figure that since I'm not taking of 5/1 in solidarity with the workers of the world (May Day), I might as well play hookey on 5/2 and see IRON MAN.

(OK, sorta hookey. I'll probably go to work in the morning. Maybe.)

Pat R said...

Iron Man was a practically flawless hero flick; its makers drop some pretty obvious sequel hints too... i'm thinking the next one should be equally great