Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shatner Sat Here

A week or so ago I stumbled upon a cable channel showing of STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME. Now, let me state for the record that I'm no Trek fan. Never liked the original show (or any of the more recent incarnations) and I've always thought the movies had lots of potential but never delivered, WRATH OF KHAN excepted.

That said, I have to admit I found myself oddly fascinated by the flick. I didn't see the whole thing, just an hour or so in the middle, and subsequent attempts at watching the rest of it have resulted in catching the same damn part over and over again.

Am I crazy or is THE VOYAGE HOME (in which Kirk, Spock and Co. travel back in time to the 1980s to retrieve a couple humpback whales) better than I remembered? It's entirely possible I'm confusing it with TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK which I recall being really bad.

If you're nostalgic about THE VOYAGE HOME it appears that the pickup truck driven by the flick's whale expert – and sat in by Shatner and Nimoy – is going up for sale at an auto show this weekend.

No comments: