Friday, January 05, 2007

Zombie HALLOWEEN Casting News


I was tickled yesterday when I read that the great Malcolm McDowell (too many credits to mention) will be playing the role of Dr. Loomis, the psychiatrist in pursuit of Michael Meyers, in director Rob Zombie's upcoming remake / reimagining / adaptation / whatever of John Carpenter's iconic horror classic HALLOWEEN. Set for release this August 31st, Zombie's version is filming now and is one of the few remakes of horror classics that I can honestly say I'm looking forward to. It could be to the slasher genre what Carpenter's take on Howard Hawks' THE THING was to sci-fi.

Anyway, I woke up this morning to find more casting news... Dee Wallace Stone, star of such genre classics as THE HOWLING and the original HILLS HAVE EYES, not to mention the recent monsterfest ABOMINABLE (watch for more info here soon), has been cast as the mother of Laurie Strode.

No comments: