Exploitation Retrospect has joined forces with Louis Fowler of Damaged Hearing/Damaged Viewing and Deadvida of Rigor Mortis to bring you the 2011 Zombie Haiku Contest.
E-mail us your best, most creative, funniest, or grossest zombie-centric haiku by 11:59 PM Eastern on Thursday, October 27, 2011. Our panel of judges will pick their favorite and the winner will be announced on Monday, October 31, 2011. (And let's not get all nit-picky about haiku. For the purpose of this contest we're defining a haiku as a three-line poem with 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second and 5 in the third.)
The winning entry will receive a Zombie Prize Package including:
- AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION/BLACK SHEEP Double Feature DVD
- BIO-DEAD DVD
- STRIPPERLAND DVD
- Paul is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion by Alan Goldsher
- The Zombie Factory: 27 Tales of Bizarre Comix Madness from Beyond the Tomb!
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Zombie Jim by Mark Twain and W. Bill Czolgosz
- RIGOR MORTIS #4
- ER: Revenge of Print Edition 2011 (upon publication)
- AMC's The Walking Dead t-shirt
- Autographed vinyl single of outlaw country singer Christopher Murdock's song "Fear the Dead"
You can enter as often as you like but only one entry per e-mail. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Each entry must include haiku and e-mail address where we can contact you if you are the winner.