Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good News DEATH PROOF Fans... BASTERDS is Reportedly Really Talky

Initial reports coming out of France suggest that QT's BASTERDS is either "Quentin’s best film since Jackie Brown" or "awful. It is achtung-achtung-ach-mein-Gott atrocious. It isn’t funny; it isn’t exciting; it isn’t a realistic war movie, yet neither is it an entertaining genre spoof or a clever counterfactual wartime yarn".

So which is it? Guess we'll find out but the one thing critics seem in agreement upon is that it's: a) not as violent as expected; and, b) a talky 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Great news if you're a fan of DEATH PROOF.

1 comment:

Douglas A. Waltz said...

I pick on Death Proof, but there is so much that I like about the movie that I let it go. Just from watching the trailewrs for Inglorious Basterds I know I will like this movie. And people complaining about a talky Tarantino movie? Hell, they are all talky. :0)