Saturday, December 01, 2007

Could This Be My Last Post...?

Two plus days and $200 in cables after its original delivery date, our 42" HDTV – a birthday gift from the world's most incredible wife – has been delivered. Minutes after firing it up in all its glory I fear I'm not long for social interaction, blogs, client work, grocery shopping, or chatting on the phone and will soon descend into a Howard Hughes-ian state, with fingernails that can reach down to my tissue-box-covered toes. Just watch out for those jars of urine!

Though it took three Best Buy trips to get the cabling straightened out until we were experiencing the full beauty of the tube, I did christen it with a quick glimpse of the mighty RE-ANIMATOR. My brother, smart ass that he is, called and asked how a fifth generation copy of a Spanish horror film dubbed into French with Japanese subtitles looked.

Can't wait till tomorrow when I can join the other NFL faithful in bitching that the network isn't covering my game in HD.

No comments: