Friday, November 16, 2007

Arrive Hungry, Leave Stuffed

I've always been bummed that every other holiday seems to get its fair share of horror-based cinema, but Thanksgiving – maybe my favorite holiday since it revolves around family, food, football and drink (and not necessarily in that order) – has only had the obscure HOME SWEET HOME.

Could that all be changing? Director Eli Roth's spot-on faux trailer for the slasher-riffic THANKSGIVING was one of the many highlights of this year's GRINDHOUSE. While I'd rather Roth concentrate on making new stuff and leave the fake trailers and horror spoofs behind, I have to admit I'm amazed that THANKSGIVING seems to be taking on a life of its own.

According to a story at Slash Film, Hot Topic is now selling a poster and t-shirt for the non-existent flick and there's even talk of action figures (?!).

No comments: