Sunday, July 01, 2007

So Many Possible Lawsuits

You've heard of The Justice League. You've heard of The Teen Titans. You've probably even heard of The Defenders and Avengers.

But there's one group of superheroes, cutting a path across all matter of pop culture iconography, that you probably have not heard of.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages... I bring you The Sense of Right Alliance!?

I couldn't help but take a picture of this spectacular knock-off superhero action figure set featuring: Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Yellow Power-Ranger, The Thing and Johnny Storm. Wow, how many possible lawsuits can you find just in the artwork?

In all my years of knock-off toy appreciation this one ranks near the top with the blinking, sword-carrying Spider-Man that fell apart the moment it was exposed to fresh air and the phenomenal ROBO-COP bootleg action figure with hysterical packaging calling it ROBERT-COP (see image below that I found on a forum) that I found at the late, lamented Pennsauken Mart.


While we're on the subject here are some pages on Transformer knock-offs, a STAR WARS fortress knock-off available from Sears, even an on-line toy store with a whole page dedicated to knock-off items.

2 comments:

Matt Bradshaw said...

This is amazing. Where did you come across the "Sense of Right Alliance."

Dan said...

It was at the Dundalk flea market off 695 near Baltimore. I may go back one morning and grab one. If I do let me know if you want one...