Monday, March 26, 2007

Kwick Klaus News - 3/26/07

For those of you lucky enough to be in or around the New York City area over the next few days be sure to hoof it over to The IFC Center where they're screening the final Kinski/Herzog collaboration, COBRA VERDE.

And, yes, that's Klaus on the front page of the New York Times web site. Imagine my surprise when I was watching the NCAA Tournament on Friday night and my wife said, "Hey, Klaus is on the front page of the New York Times!"

The recent release of Dark Sky's COUNT DRACULA disc has generated a plethora of reviews and I'll do my best to track 'em down and post them here.

Here's one from the pages of Eccentric Cinema which gives the film a 5/10 rating but has nice things to say about Klaus, such as "Kinski's Renfield may be oddly detached from the story ... but I can't think of a better actor to play a quirky madman." (On a side note, what's with all these sites doing white text on a black background. Argh! If you're going to do that how about throwing us a bone and putting some extra leading in there? Talk about tough to read!)

No comments: