Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's Oscar Night...

It's Oscar night tonight and I'll continue my tradition of watching the awards show, even though I rarely agree with what gets nominated or wins. That tradition continues this year with all the awards and nods going to THE DEPARTED (a warmed over remake of a superior Hong Kong flick) and LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE (an enjoyable but overall unmemorable film leading up to a great last ten minutes). That said, here are my picks for the big awards.

BEST ACTOR -- Forest Whitaker, though I'd love to see Peter O'Toole finally win one
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR -- Eddie Murphy
BEST ACTRESS -- Helen Mirren in a performance I loved
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS -- Jennifer Hudson
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY -- BORAT, though I'm not sure what it's adapted from
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY -- THE QUEEN
BEST DIRECTOR -- Scorcese, though I was unimpressed
BEST FILM -- Out of the three I saw it should go to THE QUEEN but my money's on THE DEPARTED

No comments: