Few films of the VHS era ever spoke to me quite like Joel Reed's hysterical BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (aka THE INCREDIBLE TORTURE SHOW).
Thanks to its softcore antics, seedy veneer, absurd plot, outrageously ridiculous gore effects and over-the-top acting from everybody involved it never fails to entertain.
And now it's coming to home video in all its sleazy, re-mastered glory!
June 3rd is officially Ralphus Day as Troma releases (unleashes?) a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack featuring:
- High-Def Transfer from the Original Materials
- Widescreen 1.85:1 Presentation and Dolby 2.0 Stereo
- New Bonus Features including interviews with Eli Roth and wrestling star Chris Jericho (?!)
- A Never Before Seen Deleted Sequence
- And, a Original Title Sequence for Sardu, Master of the Screaming Virgins
July brings a 30th anniversary Blu-Ray Edition of THE TOXIC AVENGER but as great as that flick is (and it definitely put Troma on the map) it can't hold a candle to BSF for me.