Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ikea Nation

Anita Michel has a great post about Ikea over at Syndicate Product and I have to agree with her. If I never had to "outgrow" Ikea I'd be fine with that. Give me a Jerker desk and some items designed by Tord Bjorkland and I'm good to go.

In keeping with my long standing status as a card carrying member of the Ikea Nation I'm proud to say that the first toy received by the as yet unnamed Baby Girl Taylor was an Ikea ratt.

Unfortunately, I am closing in on a potentially sad day... we're actually buying new furniture for my office which means that the Ikea office furniture that has been in four of my home offices will be going away. I can't even count the hours that I've sat behind it working on client projects, pounding out reviews for ER, writing about restaurants for THG, or posting things to eBay. How many cups of coffee, bottles of beer and glasses of wine have sat on its sturdy laminated surface?

But you know what? It's about nine years old and is still as sturdy as the day I bought it despite holding up printers, fax machines, computers, monitors, reams of paper, stacks of zines, CDs, DVDs and other media.

No comments: