Thursday, September 14, 2006

Heath Ledger on The Joker

Though the film is still a long way from being released -- or even shot -- Heath Ledger talks about his role as The Clown Prince of Crime in Christopher Nolan's upcoming Batman flick, THE DARK KNIGHT.

It is his decision to play The Joker in the new Batman film The Dark Knight that has caused much interest in the industry. He says that ordinarily doing something like that would not be of interest to him. "I actually hate comic book movies, like fucking hate them, they just bore me shitless and they're just dumb. But I thought what Chris Nolan did with Batman was actually really good, really well directed, and Christian Bale was really great in it."

Ledger says he's looking forward to playing a truly evil character. "He's going to be really sinister and it's going to be less about his laugh and his pranks and more about just him being a just a fucking sinister guy." Asked if he decides to do a big movie like this, because of agent pressure, Ledger pauses then laughs. "I'm sure they're super happy that I'm doing this, because this is the first time I've really kind of taken something like that, so they're over the moon. But I think it's just going to be a really fun experience, and I love to dress up and wear a mask." No costumes have been designed, but the actor says that "I've seen a few interesting designs on the look and I think that it's going to look pretty cool."


You can read the complete article here.

No comments: