Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Say It Ain't So Uwe!

I had no idea that this past weekend's wretched-looking Jason Statham family-friendly actioner IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A DUNGEON SIEGE TALE was helmed by much-loathed (though not by me) director Uwe Boll. Frankly, I enjoyed the hell out of BLOODRAYNE and I have to admire anybody who has not one, not two, but SIX flicks in some state of production on his directorial slate. Steven Spielberg, in comparison, has half that and two of them sound really, really boring.

But KING didn't make much money over the course of its opening weekend (only $3 million against a $70 million budget) and SlashFilm is reporting that Uwe's days of big-budget mayhem may be coming to an end.

I think the bigger question is this: Who the hell is giving Uwe Boll $70 million to make a movie?!

No comments: