Thursday, November 08, 2007

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, Spooky, Scary

I wasn't a huge Tina Fey fan back in her days on 'Saturday Night Live,' but that may have just been her proximity to Jimmy Fallon and their incredible tendency to overlaugh at the jokes. SNL aside, I've become a huge Fey fan thanks to things like MEAN GIRLS (remember when we had high hopes for Lindsay Lohan?) and the amazing, incredible '30 Rock,' which is probably my favorite show on TV right now (battling it out with 'The Office', 'The Colbert Report' and 'The Daily Show' with 'Smallville' always in contention).

I always hear comparisons between '30 Rock' and 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' but I feel like the late, great 'News Radio' is closer to the blueprint for this smart, silly comedy. And, like 'News Radio', I don't know how many people are tuning in for the fun.

For those who are tuning in and howled (no pun intended) at the clip of Tracy's "Thriller"-inspired novelty hit "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah", here's a full version for your listening pleasure.

Link via Music for Robots which I just found courtesy of Mobtown Shank.

No comments: